After long time the program work, what is obama care about? How it will cover American for their healthy? Obama care is health care reform law that expands and improves the public access into care and curb spend through regulation and tax. This reform law in health care has taken in 1 October 2014 and this becomes one most controversial regulation from President Barack Obama. Obama Care has a much of benefit that people does not know. However, there are still arguments for the disadvantage occurs in Obama Care.
The pros of Obama care
- The biggest benefit from Obama care is this regulation has lowers the overall health care costs. This lowers costs done by providing the insurance for publics use for million people and make preventive care free. In this regulation, people are able to get treatment before they get expensive treatment for emergency need.
- It need entire insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefit includes mental health treatment, addiction and chronic disease. There are many evidence people with these disease are wind up in emergency often when they do not get access to health care.
- Insurance company are no longer able to deny coverage for the pre-existing conditions, raise premium or drop them when the owner of insurance get sick.
- The lifetime and annual coverage limits are eliminated
- There are children up to 26 years ages that able to add in health insurance plans .
- Obama care provides tax credits for insurance from middle class.
- Obama Care has expands the Medicaid into 138% from federal poverty level and provide the coverage for adults without children for the pioneer.
- Business that have more than 50 employees should have health insurance offer for the employee, but the receive tax credits will help them with the costs.
The Cons of Obama Care
- There are 30.1 million people that currently buy private health insurance and several of them get cancelled insurance plans because the plans do not meet with the 10 essential health benefit.
- There are about 3-5 million people are potential losing their company sponsored health insurance plans.
- The increased coverage requirement is able to raise the overall health care costs in short term insurance.
- There are about 4 million people or 1.2% from population is paying tax rather than buy health insurance.
By understanding the pros and cons, it is great for knowing what is obama care benefit and disadvantage.